2019 Federal Budget – Easterseals Priorities
Easterseals Positioning and Summary:
President Trump on Feb. 12, 2018 released his budget recommendation for fiscal year 2019 and beyond. Of significance to Easterseals, the budget recommends restructuring Medicaid from its current federal funding guarantee to a per capita cap or block grant funding mechanism. In addition, the FY 2019 budget recommends significant cuts to employment and other discretionary program funding. See our budget statement.
Social Media Messaging (focused on Medicaid): Please see our current Medicaid Toolkit
3/05/2018 – Action Alerts Released.
TAKE ACTION: Tell Congress to prioritize funding for services for children and adults with disabilities, older adults, and veterans by taking separate action on the following programs:
- Support Early Intervention Services for Children Experiencing Developmental Delays(IDEA/Part C)
- Support Special Education Services for Preschool-age Children with Disabilities (IDEA/Part B)
- Support Early Education and Learning Opportunities for Children (Head Start/Early Head Start)
- Support Employment Services and Job Training for Unemployed Older Adults (SCSEP)
- Help Support Veterans Experiencing Homelessness (HVRP)